Accused`s kin try to chop off rape victim`s tongue in UP
Lucknow: In an audacious incident, kin of a rape accused on Thursday tried to chop off the teenage victim`s tongue in Pratapgarh district in order to prevent her from giving her statement in the court.
The crime took place in Jethwara area of the district last morning.
The girl`s father, in his FIR, alleged that three persons - the accused`s brother Laljeev, a relative Inder and one more unidentified person - tried to cut the girl`s tongue off, so that she cannot give her statement in the court.
Lavlesh, the accused, is lodged in jail in connection with the January 22 rape this year, and the next hearing of the case is scheduled to take place on July 24.
In Lucknow, IG (Law and Order) R K Vishwakarma said while Inder has been arrested, a manhunt has been launched to nab the other two. He said the three persons could not succeed in their intention, but the 19-year-old girl was left with injuries on her tongue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj