Act as bridge between govt and common man: Mulayam to party
Lucknow: Advising party leaders to act as a bridge between the government and the common man, Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Sunday asked them to ensure that problems of the people are solved on priority.
"You all should act as a bridge between the government and the common man and ensure that problems, faced by people, are solved on priority basis," Yadav told a meeting of party`s district office-bearers here.
He also asked them to be prepared for 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
Yadav said after the formation of the party government in Uttar Pradesh, the next objective is to get maximum number of seats in Lok Sabha.
Chief Minister and SP head Akhilesh Yadav said for better development of the state there should be coordination between party workers and the government.
Party general secretary Ramgopal Yadav also addressed the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez