Action against officers who made kids fan them: UP govt
Lucknow: Taking note of reports that children were made to wave hand-fans to two bureaucrats when they visited a village in Shamli district, Uttar Pradesh government today said strict action will be taken against these officers having a "feudal" mindset, as such acts are intolerable.
In the visuals aired by some news channels, children standing behind Principal Secretary (Social Welfare) Sunil Kumar, DM Praveen Kumar and others were shown waving hand-fans at them at a meeting in Shamli district yesterday.
"Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav is very serious towards issues pertaining to children. He will be apprised about the matter, and we will ensure strict action against such officers having feudal mindset," state minister Rajendra Chowdhury said here.
He said such acts of forcing children to wave fans at officers is intolerable and also against service rules.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok