Action against officers who made kids fan them: UP govt
Lucknow: Taking note of reports that children were made to wave hand-fans to two bureaucrats when they visited a village in Shamli district, Uttar Pradesh government today said strict action will be taken against these officers having a "feudal" mindset, as such acts are intolerable.
In the visuals aired by some news channels, children standing behind Principal Secretary (Social Welfare) Sunil Kumar, DM Praveen Kumar and others were shown waving hand-fans at them at a meeting in Shamli district yesterday.
"Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav is very serious towards issues pertaining to children. He will be apprised about the matter, and we will ensure strict action against such officers having feudal mindset," state minister Rajendra Chowdhury said here.
He said such acts of forcing children to wave fans at officers is intolerable and also against service rules.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!