Action against officers who made kids fan them: UP govt
Lucknow: Taking note of reports that children were made to wave hand-fans to two bureaucrats when they visited a village in Shamli district, Uttar Pradesh government today said strict action will be taken against these officers having a "feudal" mindset, as such acts are intolerable.
In the visuals aired by some news channels, children standing behind Principal Secretary (Social Welfare) Sunil Kumar, DM Praveen Kumar and others were shown waving hand-fans at them at a meeting in Shamli district yesterday.
"Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav is very serious towards issues pertaining to children. He will be apprised about the matter, and we will ensure strict action against such officers having feudal mindset," state minister Rajendra Chowdhury said here.
He said such acts of forcing children to wave fans at officers is intolerable and also against service rules.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen