Action plan to check water, air pollution in five UP cities
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has directed the environment department to prepare an action plan to check water and air pollution in five major cities in the
"An action plan to check air and water pollution in
Lucknow, Agra, Kanpur, Varanasi and Ghaziabad should be
formulated immediately," Environment Minister Nakul Dubey
directed the departmental officials during a review meeting
To check pollution, departmental officials should
coordinate with district magistrates and ensure strict
implementation of bio medical waste rules, he said.
"Regular checking of sewage treatment plans set up in
the state should be done and notices should be issued to those
guilty," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred