Action plan to check water, air pollution in five UP cities
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has directed the environment department to prepare an action plan to check water and air pollution in five major cities in the
"An action plan to check air and water pollution in
Lucknow, Agra, Kanpur, Varanasi and Ghaziabad should be
formulated immediately," Environment Minister Nakul Dubey
directed the departmental officials during a review meeting
To check pollution, departmental officials should
coordinate with district magistrates and ensure strict
implementation of bio medical waste rules, he said.
"Regular checking of sewage treatment plans set up in
the state should be done and notices should be issued to those
guilty," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!