Action taken whenever illegal mining was reported: Akhilesh
Lucknow: Under attack over illegal mining issue in Gautam Budh Nagar, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday said stern action was taken whenever such incident was reported in the state.
"Action has been taken whenever and wherever incident of illegal mining had been reported and government will continue to take stern action," Chief Minister told media on the sidelines of a function here.
Stating that his government is committed to bring transparency in mining, Yadav said an effort had been made in this regard by initiating e-tendering.
"An effort had been made to bring transparency by initiating e-tendering in allotting land lease and ensure that all the work is done as per the norms," Yadav said.
The Chief Minister said mining cannot take place without the NoC on environment and in case of information on the contrary, the government will take action.
A three-member Union Environment Ministry panel has found "rampant, unscientific and illegal" mining at various locations in Gautam Budh Nagar District along the Yamuna River in the state.
The state government had been under fire over the suspension of IAS officer Durga Shakti Nagpal who had led a crackdown on mining mafia in Gautam Budh Nagar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state