ADA`s vice chairman arrested in mid-day meal scam
Aligarh: Vice Chairman of the Aligarh Development Authority (ADA) was on Wednesday arrested by a joint team of CBI and local police in connection with a Rs 19 crore mid-day meal scam, police said.
An Inspector of the CBI and a team of Kwarsi Police arrived at the Avantika Colony residence of Vice President J B Singh this morning and served him a non-bailable warrant issued against him, Station Officer of Kwarsi Police Station S K Dwivedi said.
He was immediately taken into custody and will be presented before the CBI court in Ghaziabad, he added.
The arrest was made in connection with the scam which took place in the neighbouring Mainpuri district between 2008 and 2010 when he was posted there as the Chief Development Officer (CDO), he said.
The action was taken on the basis of an FIR filed in Mainpuri in April 2011, which named J B Singh along with 10 other senior district officials, including the then District Magistrate of Mainpuri S N Dubey who was arrested recently, Dwivedi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan