ADM fined for not providing info under RTI
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh Information
Commission has slapped a fine of Rs 25,000 on an Additional
District Magistrate posted in the city for not providing
information under the Right to Information (RTI) Act.
The panel has directed the district magistrate and the
chief treasurer of the district administration to realise the
fine by deducting it from the ADM`s salary.
"The fine of Rs 25,000 for not giving information through
RTI should be deducted from the November-December salary of
the ADM. In case the order is not followed the senior
officials would be held responsible", State Information
Commissioner Brijesh Kumar Mishra said in the order yesterday.
Dalibag-based advocate Napendra Pandey had sought some
information regarding Lucknow city from the ADM in April 2011.
When the complainant did not get the information, he
had approached the commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list