ADM fined for not providing info under RTI
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh Information
Commission has slapped a fine of Rs 25,000 on an Additional
District Magistrate posted in the city for not providing
information under the Right to Information (RTI) Act.
The panel has directed the district magistrate and the
chief treasurer of the district administration to realise the
fine by deducting it from the ADM`s salary.
"The fine of Rs 25,000 for not giving information through
RTI should be deducted from the November-December salary of
the ADM. In case the order is not followed the senior
officials would be held responsible", State Information
Commissioner Brijesh Kumar Mishra said in the order yesterday.
Dalibag-based advocate Napendra Pandey had sought some
information regarding Lucknow city from the ADM in April 2011.
When the complainant did not get the information, he
had approached the commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed