Advocate sent to judicial custody for murdering constable
Muzaffarnagar: A local court sentenced a
Delhi-based advocate to 14 days of judicial custody for
abducting and murdering a policeman.
Bharat Vir Tomar abducted and murdered head constable
Shakir Ali on April 3 after he opposed to an illicit
relationship of his wife with Tomar.
The accused was arrested in Delhi and produced in the
court yesterday. He was sent to judicial custody till May 5.
Meanwhile, another case was filed against the advocate
yesterday after he allegedly assaulted and threatened a
policeman while in custody, Deputy SP Alok Priyadarshi said.
The victim`s wife Reshma was also arrested on April 19
for her alleged involvement in the killing of her husband.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Mumbai local crashes into platform at Churchgate Station
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him