Advocate sent to judicial custody for murdering constable
Muzaffarnagar: A local court sentenced a
Delhi-based advocate to 14 days of judicial custody for
abducting and murdering a policeman.
Bharat Vir Tomar abducted and murdered head constable
Shakir Ali on April 3 after he opposed to an illicit
relationship of his wife with Tomar.
The accused was arrested in Delhi and produced in the
court yesterday. He was sent to judicial custody till May 5.
Meanwhile, another case was filed against the advocate
yesterday after he allegedly assaulted and threatened a
policeman while in custody, Deputy SP Alok Priyadarshi said.
The victim`s wife Reshma was also arrested on April 19
for her alleged involvement in the killing of her husband.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list