Advocate sentenced to life for killing wife
Mainpuri: An advocate was sentenced to life imprisonment and imposed a penalty of Rs 20,000 by a local court here for killing his wife.
According to prosecution sources, Santosh Kumari was immolated in November 2008 at Sisraulia village and later an FIR was lodged against her husband, Avinash Kumar Mishra.
Additional district and sessions judge Bchchu Singh held Avinash guilty yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof