After elephants, Maya’s Noida park under scanner
Noida: Fresh trouble is brewing for former Uttar Pradesh chief minister Mayawati. Reports said on Wednesday that the Samajwadi Party government in the state had ordered a probe against the construction of Dalit Prerna Sthal (BSP memorial park) at Noida.
As per reports, the investigation would focus on Rs 54 crore loss due to green violations during the construction.
It may be noted that the park was constructed on a green belt and is adjacent to Okhla Bird Sanctuary.
On Tuesday, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav had claimed that an alleged financial fraud to the tune of Rs 40,000 crore could emerge in installation of statues of elephants and also stone memorials by the previous Mayawati government in the state.
Akhilesh made the claim a day after a search was carried out on Monday by police at the office of Rajkiya Nirman Nigam (RNN) in Gomti Nagar for alleged irregularities in erection of statues of elephants at parks in Lucknow and Noida.
The Samajwadi leader had called it a "huge scam".
On being asked about the alleged Rs 5,000 crore scam in installation of statues and stones, Akhilesh said media persons should not scale down the magnitude of the scam.
"We have said during election time that large scale scam has been committed. An account of Rs 40,000 crore would emerge and the government would take out the account," he said.
He said that when the cost is worked out, cost of land is not taken into account. "You will not add the cost of the building which was constructed and later demolished...Wastage into construction of boundary wall again and again is not taken into account," he said.
"The palm trees which are being talked about... If you take information a number of trees are lying in Jiyamau and large number have been buried in ponds," he alleged.
"As of now a few elephants have been recovered...If further investigation is done then the number of statues will be much higher. I congratulated police that they investigated the matter," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview