After elephants, Maya’s Noida park under scanner
Noida: Fresh trouble is brewing for former Uttar Pradesh chief minister Mayawati. Reports said on Wednesday that the Samajwadi Party government in the state had ordered a probe against the construction of Dalit Prerna Sthal (BSP memorial park) at Noida.
As per reports, the investigation would focus on Rs 54 crore loss due to green violations during the construction.
It may be noted that the park was constructed on a green belt and is adjacent to Okhla Bird Sanctuary.
On Tuesday, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav had claimed that an alleged financial fraud to the tune of Rs 40,000 crore could emerge in installation of statues of elephants and also stone memorials by the previous Mayawati government in the state.
Akhilesh made the claim a day after a search was carried out on Monday by police at the office of Rajkiya Nirman Nigam (RNN) in Gomti Nagar for alleged irregularities in erection of statues of elephants at parks in Lucknow and Noida.
The Samajwadi leader had called it a "huge scam".
On being asked about the alleged Rs 5,000 crore scam in installation of statues and stones, Akhilesh said media persons should not scale down the magnitude of the scam.
"We have said during election time that large scale scam has been committed. An account of Rs 40,000 crore would emerge and the government would take out the account," he said.
He said that when the cost is worked out, cost of land is not taken into account. "You will not add the cost of the building which was constructed and later demolished...Wastage into construction of boundary wall again and again is not taken into account," he said.
"The palm trees which are being talked about... If you take information a number of trees are lying in Jiyamau and large number have been buried in ponds," he alleged.
"As of now a few elephants have been recovered...If further investigation is done then the number of statues will be much higher. I congratulated police that they investigated the matter," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi