After `goonda` remark, Maya dubs SP men as `terror` elements
Lucknow: BSP supremo Mayawati on Tuesday branded rival SP leaders as "terror elements" addressing their objection to being called "goondas" even as she pressed for imposition of President`s Rule in Uttar Pradesh.
The former UP Chief Minister alleged that "jungle raj" was prevailing at all levels during the Samajwadi Party government`s rule and that SP "goons" were running the show.
Unfazed by the condemnation of her description of SP men, Mayawati reiterated that she will deal with the SP "goondas" sternly when she comes back to power.
In an apparent reference to objection by PWD minister Shivpal Singh Yadav yesterday to her calling SP men "goondas", Mayawati told reporters that from now on, she would call them "uncontrollable and terror-spreading elements".
Claiming that such "elements" were responsible for the dismal law and order situation, Mayawati said the situation here had come to such a pass that the good and gentle people in the SP were also falling prey to them.
The BSP chief said when her party comes back to power, "criminal elements would be dealt with so sternly through the law that they would think twice before committing it again".
"There is jungle raj at every level and the situation during the one-year-old Samajwadi Party government in Uttar Pradesh is very bad. The goons of Samajwadi Party are running the show," Mayawati said.
"Under these circumstances, in keeping with his constitutional responsibilities, the Governor should send his report to the Centre and recommend President`s Rule or else the situation would further deteriorate in the coming four years...
"I again appeal to the Governor to intervene in this regard or else the people would not pardon him and the SP government," she said.
The former chief minister said her party would continue to raise its demand in this regard until the central government and the Governor fulfil their responsibilities and impose President`s Rule.
She alleged corruption was going on in the name of inquiry in the works of the previous government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead