After `goonda` remark, Maya dubs SP men as `terror` elements
Lucknow: BSP supremo Mayawati on Tuesday branded rival SP leaders as "terror elements" addressing their objection to being called "goondas" even as she pressed for imposition of President`s Rule in Uttar Pradesh.
The former UP Chief Minister alleged that "jungle raj" was prevailing at all levels during the Samajwadi Party government`s rule and that SP "goons" were running the show.
Unfazed by the condemnation of her description of SP men, Mayawati reiterated that she will deal with the SP "goondas" sternly when she comes back to power.
In an apparent reference to objection by PWD minister Shivpal Singh Yadav yesterday to her calling SP men "goondas", Mayawati told reporters that from now on, she would call them "uncontrollable and terror-spreading elements".
Claiming that such "elements" were responsible for the dismal law and order situation, Mayawati said the situation here had come to such a pass that the good and gentle people in the SP were also falling prey to them.
The BSP chief said when her party comes back to power, "criminal elements would be dealt with so sternly through the law that they would think twice before committing it again".
"There is jungle raj at every level and the situation during the one-year-old Samajwadi Party government in Uttar Pradesh is very bad. The goons of Samajwadi Party are running the show," Mayawati said.
"Under these circumstances, in keeping with his constitutional responsibilities, the Governor should send his report to the Centre and recommend President`s Rule or else the situation would further deteriorate in the coming four years...
"I again appeal to the Governor to intervene in this regard or else the people would not pardon him and the SP government," she said.
The former chief minister said her party would continue to raise its demand in this regard until the central government and the Governor fulfil their responsibilities and impose President`s Rule.
She alleged corruption was going on in the name of inquiry in the works of the previous government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared