After meat trader, 2 more get terror calls
Meerut: Within a week of a meat trader
getting a mysterious phone call from Iran offering Rs one
crore to carry out blasts in the city, two more persons have
approached the police claiming they have got similar cash for
Even as the STF and local police were looking for clues
into the first matter, Adil, a resident of Inchauli area of
the district, has approached police saying that he received a
call on July 17 with a person offering Rs 1.5 crore to him to
carry out bomb blasts in the historic Ghantaghar area of the
On July 16, Vikas of nearby Baghpat district reported
to police that a person calling from abroad offered him Rs 1
crore to carry out blasts in the city, police said.
Immediately after the Mumbai blasts, meat trader
Hashim Ilahi had approached the police here claiming that he
received three calls from Iran offering money to carry out
blasts in the city.
The Meerut Police has confirmed that the three persons
received such calls from abroad.
Special DGP Brijlal said the calls could be a prank.
However, the police is not taking these calls lightly
and the STF is also probing the matter along with the local
police, he said.
DIG (Meerut Range) Prem Prakash said those involved in
making such calls would be soon caught.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'