After serving food in Jaipur, Bill Clinton to visit UP village today
Zee Media Bureau
Lucknow: A day after Bill Clinton served food prepared at an NGO`s kitchen to the school children in Jaipur, the former US president will on Thursday arrive here to take part in a "social activity" in a village.
Clinton will drive straight to Jabrauli village in the Mohanlalganj area of the state capital after landing at Amausi`s Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport.
The former US president will stay in the village for about four hours.
The programme is part of a series by the Clinton Health Access Initiative, in which it provides for healthcare training and treatment of diarrhoea involving self-help groups and school children.
While efforts are on by mandarins in the state government to fix a meeting between Clinton and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, confirmation is yet to come from Clinton`s office, informed sources told a news agency.
Clinton visited Lucknow on September 7, 2005, when Samajwadi Party (SP) chief Mulayam Singh Yadav was the chief minister.
At the bidding of the then Samajwadi Party general secretary Amar Singh, Clinton attended a banquet hosted in his honour at 5, Kalidas Marg, the official residence of the chief minister. The sprawling bungalow got a major facelift with crores spent for the high-profile visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters