After serving food in Jaipur, Bill Clinton to visit UP village today
Zee Media Bureau
Lucknow: A day after Bill Clinton served food prepared at an NGO`s kitchen to the school children in Jaipur, the former US president will on Thursday arrive here to take part in a "social activity" in a village.
Clinton will drive straight to Jabrauli village in the Mohanlalganj area of the state capital after landing at Amausi`s Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport.
The former US president will stay in the village for about four hours.
The programme is part of a series by the Clinton Health Access Initiative, in which it provides for healthcare training and treatment of diarrhoea involving self-help groups and school children.
While efforts are on by mandarins in the state government to fix a meeting between Clinton and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, confirmation is yet to come from Clinton`s office, informed sources told a news agency.
Clinton visited Lucknow on September 7, 2005, when Samajwadi Party (SP) chief Mulayam Singh Yadav was the chief minister.
At the bidding of the then Samajwadi Party general secretary Amar Singh, Clinton attended a banquet hosted in his honour at 5, Kalidas Marg, the official residence of the chief minister. The sprawling bungalow got a major facelift with crores spent for the high-profile visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- On Umar Akmal, Ahmed Shehzad's sacking: Shahid Afridi welcomes PCB's move to give chance to youngsters
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Let’s not have a gender war, says Shekhar Suman
- Twitterati blast Arvind Kejriwal for mocking PM Narendra Modi - Know why Delhi CM came under fire
- VVIP chopper scam: Rahul Gandhi's aide was connected to middleman Guido Haschke, says BJP leader
- Raging Uttarakhand forest fire can melt glaciers faster, say experts