After stampede, fire kills 1 at Maha Kumbh
Allahabad: Almost a week after the Allahabad Railway Station stampeded, another tragedy hit the ongoing Maha Kumbh Mela in Allahabad with a major fire leaving one person dead and others injured.
As per reports, the fire tragedy occurred several hours before today’s last Shahi Snan, which is expected to attract millions of devotes to the Maha Kumbh Mela.
The fire, which is now under control, broke out in of several hundred makeshift tents killing one person. Though the cause of the fire is not known, it is believed that it broke out when food was being cooked inside the camp.
In view of the third and last Shahi Snan of the Maha Kumbh security has been tightened and special arrangements made for today’s holy bath.
Around 31 special trains and 1500 additional buses are plying to manage the huge number of people gathering at Allahabad.
Three permanent and seven temporary bus stands have also been put into place to ferry people in and out of the Maha Kumbh area. At least 36 people died and several others were injured in the stampede at the Allahabad Railway Station on February 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"