After stampede, fire kills 1 at Maha Kumbh
Allahabad: Almost a week after the Allahabad Railway Station stampeded, another tragedy hit the ongoing Maha Kumbh Mela in Allahabad with a major fire leaving one person dead and others injured.
As per reports, the fire tragedy occurred several hours before today’s last Shahi Snan, which is expected to attract millions of devotes to the Maha Kumbh Mela.
The fire, which is now under control, broke out in of several hundred makeshift tents killing one person. Though the cause of the fire is not known, it is believed that it broke out when food was being cooked inside the camp.
In view of the third and last Shahi Snan of the Maha Kumbh security has been tightened and special arrangements made for today’s holy bath.
Around 31 special trains and 1500 additional buses are plying to manage the huge number of people gathering at Allahabad.
Three permanent and seven temporary bus stands have also been put into place to ferry people in and out of the Maha Kumbh area. At least 36 people died and several others were injured in the stampede at the Allahabad Railway Station on February 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack