After stampede, fire kills 1 at Maha Kumbh
Allahabad: Almost a week after the Allahabad Railway Station stampeded, another tragedy hit the ongoing Maha Kumbh Mela in Allahabad with a major fire leaving one person dead and others injured.
As per reports, the fire tragedy occurred several hours before today’s last Shahi Snan, which is expected to attract millions of devotes to the Maha Kumbh Mela.
The fire, which is now under control, broke out in of several hundred makeshift tents killing one person. Though the cause of the fire is not known, it is believed that it broke out when food was being cooked inside the camp.
In view of the third and last Shahi Snan of the Maha Kumbh security has been tightened and special arrangements made for today’s holy bath.
Around 31 special trains and 1500 additional buses are plying to manage the huge number of people gathering at Allahabad.
Three permanent and seven temporary bus stands have also been put into place to ferry people in and out of the Maha Kumbh area. At least 36 people died and several others were injured in the stampede at the Allahabad Railway Station on February 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29