After stampede, fire kills 1 at Maha Kumbh
Allahabad: Almost a week after the Allahabad Railway Station stampeded, another tragedy hit the ongoing Maha Kumbh Mela in Allahabad with a major fire leaving one person dead and others injured.
As per reports, the fire tragedy occurred several hours before today’s last Shahi Snan, which is expected to attract millions of devotes to the Maha Kumbh Mela.
The fire, which is now under control, broke out in of several hundred makeshift tents killing one person. Though the cause of the fire is not known, it is believed that it broke out when food was being cooked inside the camp.
In view of the third and last Shahi Snan of the Maha Kumbh security has been tightened and special arrangements made for today’s holy bath.
Around 31 special trains and 1500 additional buses are plying to manage the huge number of people gathering at Allahabad.
Three permanent and seven temporary bus stands have also been put into place to ferry people in and out of the Maha Kumbh area. At least 36 people died and several others were injured in the stampede at the Allahabad Railway Station on February 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress