After stampede, fire kills 1 at Maha Kumbh
Allahabad: Almost a week after the Allahabad Railway Station stampeded, another tragedy hit the ongoing Maha Kumbh Mela in Allahabad with a major fire leaving one person dead and others injured.
As per reports, the fire tragedy occurred several hours before today’s last Shahi Snan, which is expected to attract millions of devotes to the Maha Kumbh Mela.
The fire, which is now under control, broke out in of several hundred makeshift tents killing one person. Though the cause of the fire is not known, it is believed that it broke out when food was being cooked inside the camp.
In view of the third and last Shahi Snan of the Maha Kumbh security has been tightened and special arrangements made for today’s holy bath.
Around 31 special trains and 1500 additional buses are plying to manage the huge number of people gathering at Allahabad.
Three permanent and seven temporary bus stands have also been put into place to ferry people in and out of the Maha Kumbh area. At least 36 people died and several others were injured in the stampede at the Allahabad Railway Station on February 10.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Haryana government strips former CM Bhupinder Singh Hooda off cabinet rank
- US President Barack Obama hosts jazz concert at `Blues House`
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor
- PeeCee's day out! Priyanka Chopra spends candid time with besties – Pictures inside
- WATCH: Gujarat Lions' mystery spinner Shivil Kaushik reminded us of Paul Adams - Here's why!