After Unnao, gold hunt in Fatehpur
Fatehpur: With the nation`s attention riveted on Unnao Fort, another temple where a seer had dreamt about hidden gold was raided by some persons in sleepy Adampur area here after the news about the "buried treasure" spread rapidly.
Some persons dug up a place at an ancient Shiva temple at Gangaghat in Adampur last night following claims by seer Shobhan Sarkar that he had dreamt of hidden treasure at the location.
Police said the temple`s caretaker Swami Mohandas had told them that a group of miscreants barged into the temple and dug a hole after locking him inside a room at gun-point.
Villagers, who informed about the incident to the police, alleged the offenders had taken away the hidden gold from the temple.
The matter was being investigated, police said.
Reacting to the incident, a Sarkar`s disciple said the district administration should get the buried gold excavated.
In Unnao, a treasure hunt is in progress at the fort of king Raja Rao Ram Bux Singh in Daudiakala village by an ASI team.
The gold rush was triggered after Sarkar claimed Raja had appeared in his dream and told him that 1,000 tonnes of gold lay buried in the ruins of the fort.
Sarkar has reportedly also claimed hidden treasure at some other places in Uttar Pradesh which includes the temple in Fatehpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai