After Unnao, gold hunt in Fatehpur
Fatehpur: With the nation`s attention riveted on Unnao Fort, another temple where a seer had dreamt about hidden gold was raided by some persons in sleepy Adampur area here after the news about the "buried treasure" spread rapidly.
Some persons dug up a place at an ancient Shiva temple at Gangaghat in Adampur last night following claims by seer Shobhan Sarkar that he had dreamt of hidden treasure at the location.
Police said the temple`s caretaker Swami Mohandas had told them that a group of miscreants barged into the temple and dug a hole after locking him inside a room at gun-point.
Villagers, who informed about the incident to the police, alleged the offenders had taken away the hidden gold from the temple.
The matter was being investigated, police said.
Reacting to the incident, a Sarkar`s disciple said the district administration should get the buried gold excavated.
In Unnao, a treasure hunt is in progress at the fort of king Raja Rao Ram Bux Singh in Daudiakala village by an ASI team.
The gold rush was triggered after Sarkar claimed Raja had appeared in his dream and told him that 1,000 tonnes of gold lay buried in the ruins of the fort.
Sarkar has reportedly also claimed hidden treasure at some other places in Uttar Pradesh which includes the temple in Fatehpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations