Afzal Guru hanging: Protest march at AMU
Aligarh: Kashmiri-origin students on Monday held a silent march at the Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) campus to protest against the country`s criminal justice system following the hanging of Afzal Guru in the Parliament attack case.
Over 100 protesters of the Aligarh Activists` Society took part in the march and distributed a printed statement titled "Justice Hanged".
"Afzal Guru was being tried for one of the most serious crimes in the country but had no real legal representation and the state had no witnesses that could directly implicate him in the crime," the statement said.
Meanwhile, security on the AMU campus has been tightened as a precautionary measure in view of UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi`s scheduled visit to the University on February 16 as the chief guest at its Annual Convocation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy