Afzal Guru hanging: Protest march at AMU
Aligarh: Kashmiri-origin students on Monday held a silent march at the Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) campus to protest against the country`s criminal justice system following the hanging of Afzal Guru in the Parliament attack case.
Over 100 protesters of the Aligarh Activists` Society took part in the march and distributed a printed statement titled "Justice Hanged".
"Afzal Guru was being tried for one of the most serious crimes in the country but had no real legal representation and the state had no witnesses that could directly implicate him in the crime," the statement said.
Meanwhile, security on the AMU campus has been tightened as a precautionary measure in view of UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi`s scheduled visit to the University on February 16 as the chief guest at its Annual Convocation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das