Agra district magistrate takes on corruption
Agra: The district magistrate here has invited victims of corruption to pen their grievances and drop these in a complaint box at his camp office.
District Magistrate Zuher Bin Sagir told mediapersons that he would himself monitor the complaints and make sure action follows.
Activists say it is on lines of the crusade being run by Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) in Delhi.
The red-painted wooden box was formally put in place by the official Monday evening.
However, it has attracted only curious onlookers so far.
"Many don`t seem to believe it could lead to any effective campaign against the corrupt officialdom," said activist Naresh Paras.
Clearly, the ripple effect of the anti-corruption stand being takne by the Aam Aadmi party in Delhi.
"It would be difficult for the political leadership in the state to ignore the trend," says Shishir Bhagat of Wake Up Agra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen