Agra district magistrate takes on corruption
Agra: The district magistrate here has invited victims of corruption to pen their grievances and drop these in a complaint box at his camp office.
District Magistrate Zuher Bin Sagir told mediapersons that he would himself monitor the complaints and make sure action follows.
Activists say it is on lines of the crusade being run by Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) in Delhi.
The red-painted wooden box was formally put in place by the official Monday evening.
However, it has attracted only curious onlookers so far.
"Many don`t seem to believe it could lead to any effective campaign against the corrupt officialdom," said activist Naresh Paras.
Clearly, the ripple effect of the anti-corruption stand being takne by the Aam Aadmi party in Delhi.
"It would be difficult for the political leadership in the state to ignore the trend," says Shishir Bhagat of Wake Up Agra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- IPL 2016, Eliminator: SRH beat KKR by 22 runs; play Gujarat in 2nd qualifier for place in final
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results likely to be declared on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM
- ISRO to test next reusable launch vehicle after studying data of May 23 flight
- Beware! Grilled food not good for health!
- WhatsApp leads messaging apps globally