Agra Intercity Express will halt at Jhinjhak: Jaiswal
Kanpur: Agra-Lucknow bound Intercity Express will now halt at Jhinjhak railway station here from January 15, Union Minister Sriparakash Jaiswal said here.
This arrangement has been made for six months and this period can be extended later on, he said.
“It’s been a long-standing demand of the people of Kanpur (Rural) that the express should stop at Jhinjhak railway station as well,” Jaiswal said.
The Coal minister said the New Delhi-Lucknow bound Gomti Express has also been arranged to halt at the station from last November 20.
"With Agra Intercity Express halting here, places like Kanpur and nearby will be benefited with the regular supply of consumables and small traders will also be assisted," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country