Agra Intercity Express will halt at Jhinjhak: Jaiswal
Kanpur: Agra-Lucknow bound Intercity Express will now halt at Jhinjhak railway station here from January 15, Union Minister Sriparakash Jaiswal said here.
This arrangement has been made for six months and this period can be extended later on, he said.
“It’s been a long-standing demand of the people of Kanpur (Rural) that the express should stop at Jhinjhak railway station as well,” Jaiswal said.
The Coal minister said the New Delhi-Lucknow bound Gomti Express has also been arranged to halt at the station from last November 20.
"With Agra Intercity Express halting here, places like Kanpur and nearby will be benefited with the regular supply of consumables and small traders will also be assisted," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP