Agra Intercity Express will halt at Jhinjhak: Jaiswal
Kanpur: Agra-Lucknow bound Intercity Express will now halt at Jhinjhak railway station here from January 15, Union Minister Sriparakash Jaiswal said here.
This arrangement has been made for six months and this period can be extended later on, he said.
“It’s been a long-standing demand of the people of Kanpur (Rural) that the express should stop at Jhinjhak railway station as well,” Jaiswal said.
The Coal minister said the New Delhi-Lucknow bound Gomti Express has also been arranged to halt at the station from last November 20.
"With Agra Intercity Express halting here, places like Kanpur and nearby will be benefited with the regular supply of consumables and small traders will also be assisted," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report