Agra, Noida, Lucknow to be made cycle friendly cities: UP CM
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday said Noida and Greater Noida would be further developed as `cycle friendly` cities.
The Chief Minister said the state government has decided to develop Agra and Lucknow as cycle friendly cities while approving a proposal to develop a world class green park at Noida, a government spokesman said here.
Yadav noted that a large number of workers were employed in factories and other institutions in Noida and Greater Noida, besides students also live there and keeping in view their convenience, the government has decided to develop that area as `cycle friendly`.
Under the scheme, construction of cycle tracks, stands and shelters would be set up. He said that arrangements of cycle on rent would also be made available.
The Chief Minister said that a large number of domestic and international tourists come regularly to Agra and those coming from abroad give priority to cycles.
He said that development of Agra as a `cycle friendly` city and provision of various facilities under it would facilitate the tourists.
Yadav said that in Noida a green park on area of more than 2,500 acre would be developed and a water body on 300 acre land would also be constructed on this park.
He said that the decision to develop cycle track was part of the government`s thinking of inclusive growth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan