Agra records 0.1 degrees, coldest in state
Agra: Agra recorded its coldest night at 0.1 degrees Celsius on Friday, the weather officials in Lucknow said, adding the Taj city was the coldest in Uttar Pradesh.
"Today (Saturday) there is a cloud cover, but last night it was cold as hell," said insurance agent Sudhir Gupta who was returning back from the railway station.
Bankey Lal Maheshwari, who runs night shelters, said all the "raen baseras are full to capacity. With fire wood prices going up, it is difficult to keep the bonfires lit whole night".
Ravi Singh, a farmer from Barauli Aheer block, said the light drizzle two days ago has been a great help to standing mustard and potato crop.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test