Agra records 0.1 degrees, coldest in state
Agra: Agra recorded its coldest night at 0.1 degrees Celsius on Friday, the weather officials in Lucknow said, adding the Taj city was the coldest in Uttar Pradesh.
"Today (Saturday) there is a cloud cover, but last night it was cold as hell," said insurance agent Sudhir Gupta who was returning back from the railway station.
Bankey Lal Maheshwari, who runs night shelters, said all the "raen baseras are full to capacity. With fire wood prices going up, it is difficult to keep the bonfires lit whole night".
Ravi Singh, a farmer from Barauli Aheer block, said the light drizzle two days ago has been a great help to standing mustard and potato crop.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'