Agra schools to remain closed till Jan 15
Agra: Winter vacations in schools here which were to open Tuesday have been extended till Jan 15 due to the intense cold.
District Magistrate Ajay Chauhan told media persons that the decision had been taken in view of the bitter cold in the city. The Taj city continued to shiver with chilly winds forcing people to stay indoors.
"The night temperature remained around 10 degrees but it`s the cold day along with the chilly breeze that`s hurting people," an insurance agent said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends