Agra sex racket used Facebook to book clients, busted
Agra: Eleven people were arrested when a sex racket was busted in this Uttar Pradesh city in which clients were booked through Facebook, police said.
A team led by Superintendent of Police, city, Pavan Kumar on Sunday evening raided a two-storey house in Govind Puri colony of Balkeshwar area and arrested 11 people.
The action followed repeated complaints by neighbours.
The raiding team seized beer cans, condoms and liquor bottles.
Police said the racket used to book clients through Facebook chatting for which fake identities/profiles had been created.
Agra is historically infamous for having flesh trade in Basai, Sikandra, Mal ka Bazar, and Seo ka Bazar.
Last month, there were two raids in Mal ka Bazar area and the body of a prostitute was found lying on the road. Police traced her links to Kolkata.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender