Agra student`s murder: Accused sent to judicial custody
Agra: Two people have been sent to judicial custody in the rape and murder case of a 25-year-old research student at the Dayalbagh Educational Institute, a deemed university here, police said on Wednesday.
Amongst the accused is Udai Swaroop, the grandson of the institute`s chairperson Prem Kumar.
Udai and Yashvir, who worked in the same lab where the technician was found murdered last month, were sent to 14 days judicial custody after investigators found circumstantial and forensic evidences connecting them with the crime.
Senior Superintendent of Police Subhash Chandra Dubey told reporters that more people would be questioned in connection with the case.
The body of the woman, who was doing her PhD at the Dayalbagh Educational Institute, was found in the nanotechnology laboratory on March 15.
The student used to live in a nearby apartment with her brother and mother.
RP Sharma, the father of the victim, has demanded trial in a fast track court. He had earlier demanded a CBI investigation in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef