Agra student`s murder: Accused sent to judicial custody
Agra: Two people have been sent to judicial custody in the rape and murder case of a 25-year-old research student at the Dayalbagh Educational Institute, a deemed university here, police said on Wednesday.
Amongst the accused is Udai Swaroop, the grandson of the institute`s chairperson Prem Kumar.
Udai and Yashvir, who worked in the same lab where the technician was found murdered last month, were sent to 14 days judicial custody after investigators found circumstantial and forensic evidences connecting them with the crime.
Senior Superintendent of Police Subhash Chandra Dubey told reporters that more people would be questioned in connection with the case.
The body of the woman, who was doing her PhD at the Dayalbagh Educational Institute, was found in the nanotechnology laboratory on March 15.
The student used to live in a nearby apartment with her brother and mother.
RP Sharma, the father of the victim, has demanded trial in a fast track court. He had earlier demanded a CBI investigation in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- Zee Media Exclusive: Wife says Yakub Memon unwell, appeals to govt for clemency