Agra to run for world peace on Valentine`s Day
Agra: While many across the world get mushy on Valentine`s Day, some 15,000 people in Agra -- the city which boasts of the monument to love Taj Mahal -- will be running for world peace on Feb 14.
Former Miss World Diana Hayden will flag off the Agra Half Marathon at Eklavya Stadium early Monday.
"The response is exciting and unprecedented. Thousand of students from more than a dozen schools are joining the half marathon. Some 200 Indian Air Force officers will also run along with doctors, policemen and politicians," Vishwas Sharan Srivastav of C-Impact Agra Half Marathon said.
Regional sports officer Ajay Kumar Sethi said teams from Allahabad, Kanpur, Lucknow and Gorakhpur will also join the run.
District authorities have made elaborate arrangements for the safe conduct of the half marathon which, according to them, will hype the Taj Mahotsav beginning Feb 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her