Agra to run for world peace on Valentine`s Day
Agra: While many across the world get mushy on Valentine`s Day, some 15,000 people in Agra -- the city which boasts of the monument to love Taj Mahal -- will be running for world peace on Feb 14.
Former Miss World Diana Hayden will flag off the Agra Half Marathon at Eklavya Stadium early Monday.
"The response is exciting and unprecedented. Thousand of students from more than a dozen schools are joining the half marathon. Some 200 Indian Air Force officers will also run along with doctors, policemen and politicians," Vishwas Sharan Srivastav of C-Impact Agra Half Marathon said.
Regional sports officer Ajay Kumar Sethi said teams from Allahabad, Kanpur, Lucknow and Gorakhpur will also join the run.
District authorities have made elaborate arrangements for the safe conduct of the half marathon which, according to them, will hype the Taj Mahotsav beginning Feb 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed