AIFB to contest 50 UP Assembly seats
Lucknow: The All India Forward Block on Sunday
said it would contest 50 of the 403 seats in the forthcoming
Uttar Pradesh Assembly polls due next year.
"The party will field candidates in districts where it has
a strong presence," AIFB national general secretary Debabrata
Biswas told reporters here.
He said the party has decided not to field its candidates
against other left parties.
A special convention of the state council would be held in
Shajahanpur on December 3-4 to decide its nominees.
The AIFB would organise citizen conventions throughout the
country in November to pressurise the government for accepting
the Justice Mukherjee Commission report on Netaji Subhash
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing