AIFB to contest 50 UP Assembly seats
Lucknow: The All India Forward Block on Sunday
said it would contest 50 of the 403 seats in the forthcoming
Uttar Pradesh Assembly polls due next year.
"The party will field candidates in districts where it has
a strong presence," AIFB national general secretary Debabrata
Biswas told reporters here.
He said the party has decided not to field its candidates
against other left parties.
A special convention of the state council would be held in
Shajahanpur on December 3-4 to decide its nominees.
The AIFB would organise citizen conventions throughout the
country in November to pressurise the government for accepting
the Justice Mukherjee Commission report on Netaji Subhash
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic