AIFB to contest 50 UP Assembly seats
Lucknow: The All India Forward Block on Sunday
said it would contest 50 of the 403 seats in the forthcoming
Uttar Pradesh Assembly polls due next year.
"The party will field candidates in districts where it has
a strong presence," AIFB national general secretary Debabrata
Biswas told reporters here.
He said the party has decided not to field its candidates
against other left parties.
A special convention of the state council would be held in
Shajahanpur on December 3-4 to decide its nominees.
The AIFB would organise citizen conventions throughout the
country in November to pressurise the government for accepting
the Justice Mukherjee Commission report on Netaji Subhash
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning