AIMPLB condemns manhandling of scribe by Shahi Imam
Lucknow: The All India Muslim Personal Law
Board on Saturday condemned the manhandling of a scribe by Maulana
Ahmed Bukhari, the Shahi Imam of Delhi`s Jama Masjid, and his
supporters during a press conference here earlier this week.
"Though we are not in the know of the incident but
beating up of a journalist or anyone is a condemnable act," M
A Rahim Quraishi, assistant general of AIMPLB, told reporters.
He was briefing mediapersons on the executive
committee`s decision to approach the apex court against the
Allahabad High Court`s judgement in the Ayodhya title suits.
"As Bukhari is not a member of the Board, we are not
responsible for his actions," Quraishi said.
The Shahi Imam of Delhi`s Jama Masjid had threatened
a local journalist during a press conference on October 14
when he was offended by a question the scribe had asked. The
Imam`s supporters also beat him up in full public glare.
Senior advocate and convener of the legal cell of the
AIMPLB, Y H Muchala, said while answering a question that for
Muslims Ram can be respected but cannot be worshipped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind