AIMPLB condemns manhandling of scribe by Shahi Imam
Lucknow: The All India Muslim Personal Law
Board on Saturday condemned the manhandling of a scribe by Maulana
Ahmed Bukhari, the Shahi Imam of Delhi`s Jama Masjid, and his
supporters during a press conference here earlier this week.
"Though we are not in the know of the incident but
beating up of a journalist or anyone is a condemnable act," M
A Rahim Quraishi, assistant general of AIMPLB, told reporters.
He was briefing mediapersons on the executive
committee`s decision to approach the apex court against the
Allahabad High Court`s judgement in the Ayodhya title suits.
"As Bukhari is not a member of the Board, we are not
responsible for his actions," Quraishi said.
The Shahi Imam of Delhi`s Jama Masjid had threatened
a local journalist during a press conference on October 14
when he was offended by a question the scribe had asked. The
Imam`s supporters also beat him up in full public glare.
Senior advocate and convener of the legal cell of the
AIMPLB, Y H Muchala, said while answering a question that for
Muslims Ram can be respected but cannot be worshipped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened