AIMPLB condemns manhandling of scribe by Shahi Imam
Lucknow: The All India Muslim Personal Law
Board on Saturday condemned the manhandling of a scribe by Maulana
Ahmed Bukhari, the Shahi Imam of Delhi`s Jama Masjid, and his
supporters during a press conference here earlier this week.
"Though we are not in the know of the incident but
beating up of a journalist or anyone is a condemnable act," M
A Rahim Quraishi, assistant general of AIMPLB, told reporters.
He was briefing mediapersons on the executive
committee`s decision to approach the apex court against the
Allahabad High Court`s judgement in the Ayodhya title suits.
"As Bukhari is not a member of the Board, we are not
responsible for his actions," Quraishi said.
The Shahi Imam of Delhi`s Jama Masjid had threatened
a local journalist during a press conference on October 14
when he was offended by a question the scribe had asked. The
Imam`s supporters also beat him up in full public glare.
Senior advocate and convener of the legal cell of the
AIMPLB, Y H Muchala, said while answering a question that for
Muslims Ram can be respected but cannot be worshipped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister