AIMPLB meet to discuss rights of Muslim women
Lucknow: Rights of Muslim women, especially in the matters of inheritance and education, will be high on the agenda of the annual general conference of All India Muslim Personal Law Board (AIMPLB), beginning here Friday.
"The three-day meeting would discuss various ways and means required for making Muslim women aware of their inheritance rights in order to help them make claims," a
member of the Board, Khalid Rasheed Firangimahli told reporters.
The meeting would also discuss in detail the issue of women education which needs special attention, he said.
On the matters related to `nikah`, `talak` or `khula`, the meeting would deliberate on how to set up "darul qaza"
(Islamic courts) in all the towns for resolving these issues instead of the courts, Firangimahli said, adding the election of the president and executive would also be held during the meeting.
Several recent court decisions, which he said are against the Islamic laws, would also be taken up in the meeting and discussed on how to go ahead on it in order to safeguard the interests of the community.
Other issues like the Communal Violence bill and the Liberhan Commission report would also be discussed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- 5 homemade fruit packs that’ll make you glow instantly