AIMPLB member and Jagatguru Shankaracharya meet on Ayodhya
New Delhi: A senior member of the All India Muslim Personal Law Board (AIMPLB) Maulana Kalbe Jawwad and Jagatguru Shankaracharya Swaroopanand Saraswati met here on Saturday to make another attempt to strike a better understanding between Hindus and Muslims on the Ayodhya title suit issue.
The meeting comes after talks between the main litigant in the Ayodhya title suits, Hashim Ansari and Akhara Parishad Mahant Gyan Das have failed to make any headway and both sides are preparing to move appeals in the Supreme Court.
"Today`s meeting was aimed at striking a better understanding between the two communities and also seeking each others views for making one honest effort to resolve the issue", Kalbe Jawwad, who is also a noted Shia scholar, told a news agency.
"Whatever talks had been held so far for resolving the issue had been at a lower level with the experienced and senior leaders of the two communities keeping away and we both felt that it was necessary for not just this issue but also for having a better understanding of each other", Jawwad said.
"My meeting with the Shankaracharya would also send a message to those who are out to create divisions in society," he said.
Stressing that his meeting was at the individual level, Jawwad said that he has not put forward any proposal for resolving the issue but was asked by the Shankaracharya to
take an initiative and talk to the Muslim leadership in this regard.
The Shankaracharya said that he would also talk to the senior Hindu leaders on his part, Jawwad said.
It would however be taken forward only if the leading Muslim scholars approve of it", Jawwad said emphasising that these talks would have no bearing on the move
by either of the parties to approach the Supreme Court against the Allahabad high court decision on the title suits, trifurcating the disputed land between three parties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH