AISPLB demands commissions for Shia Muslims
Lucknow: All India Shia Personal Law Board
on Friday urged the government to constitute commissions to study
the socio-economic status of Shia Muslims.
"The Centre should constitute commissions to study social,
economic, political and educational status of Shia Muslims so
that their condition could be made better by giving them due
representation," AISPLB spokesman Maulana Yasoob Abbas told
He said Shia Muslims should be given reservation and
political parties should also consider their candidature in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 50 seats, BJP in 32; big prestige battle for both parties
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena ahead in Mumbai, Thane; BJP leading in Pune, Nagpur, Solapur, Akola