AISPLB demands quota for Shia Muslims
Lucknow: All India Shia Personal Law Board
(AISPLB) on Wednesday demanded separate quota for Shia Muslims in
government jobs, Lok Sabha and the state assemblies.
"Shia community is deprived of its rights and it is
need of the hour to provide reservation to them in government
jobs. Seats should be reserved for them in state assemblies
and in Lok Sabha according to their population," AISPLB
President Maulana Mohammad Athar told reporters here.
Athar also demanded political asylum for Shia Muslims
from Pakistan and Afghanistan in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog