AISPLB demands quota for Shia Muslims
Lucknow: All India Shia Personal Law Board
(AISPLB) on Wednesday demanded separate quota for Shia Muslims in
government jobs, Lok Sabha and the state assemblies.
"Shia community is deprived of its rights and it is
need of the hour to provide reservation to them in government
jobs. Seats should be reserved for them in state assemblies
and in Lok Sabha according to their population," AISPLB
President Maulana Mohammad Athar told reporters here.
Athar also demanded political asylum for Shia Muslims
from Pakistan and Afghanistan in the country.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: From US-made bomb making tools to Quran; here's all unearthed from ISIS secret tunnels