Ajit Singh backs Congress` demand for Bhatta Parsaul probe
Lucknow: Rashtriya Lok Dal President Ajit
Singh on Wednesday supported the Congress` demand for a judicial
probe into the Bhatta Parsaul incident and termed it a valid
"If a responsible MP or a peoples` representative
claims that he has evidences of atrocities, the government
should order a judicial inquiry," Ajit Singh said when asked
about the demand of a judicial or CBI inquiry by Congress
general secretary Rahul Gandhi over the recent incidents in
Talking to news persons here, Singh said the Land
Acquisition Act 1894 has become redundant and needed to be
A new law should be brought in its place which is
more practical and progressive within a time-frame, he said
adding that it should also redefine the definition of public
welfare for which land could be acquired.
The Act is being misused all over the country but
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati is doing so in a very
blatant manner. "The state government was planning to acquire
two lakh hectares land of 1190 revenue villages for the Yamuna
Expressway Authority," he claimed.
The RLD chief said there was a move to bring a new
bill in the winter session of Parliament but because of the
deadlock on 2G Spectrum it could not be done and he had raised
the issue again in the business advisory meeting of the budget
session but both the BJP and the Congress showed no interest.
Terming the BSP government an autocratic one, Singh
said people who want to get rid of this government wanted the
Opposition parties to unite and his party is trying that a
progressive alternative comes into existence in the state.
Keeping alive the hopes of an electoral understanding
with the Congress in near future, Singh said that barring the
BJP and the BSP, the doors of all parties were open.
"There can be an understanding with the Congress and
the Samajwadi Party but it seems that Mulayam Sing Yadav has
taken a separate path," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145