Ajit Singh bats for Bundelkhand state
Mahoba: Rashtriya Lok Dal president Ajit
Singh on Saturday said the development of Bundelkhand region was not
possible unless it was given the status of a separate state.
"Every year the region provides a revenue of over Rs
500 billion to the Centre and the UP government but the budget
for its development is not even one-fourth of this," he told a
Kisan Panchayat here.
The demand for a separate Bundelkhand state was very
old, the RLD chief said adding the area was poverty-stricken
and suicides were on the rise in the region.
He alleged successive governments in the state were
responsible for neglect of the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- With Isak Swu gone, Naga peace accord won't be easy
- Britain wins Brexit breathing space at gloomy EU summit
- Turkish PM says first signs in Istanbul attack point to IS
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets