Ajit Singh bats for Bundelkhand state
Mahoba: Rashtriya Lok Dal president Ajit
Singh on Saturday said the development of Bundelkhand region was not
possible unless it was given the status of a separate state.
"Every year the region provides a revenue of over Rs
500 billion to the Centre and the UP government but the budget
for its development is not even one-fourth of this," he told a
Kisan Panchayat here.
The demand for a separate Bundelkhand state was very
old, the RLD chief said adding the area was poverty-stricken
and suicides were on the rise in the region.
He alleged successive governments in the state were
responsible for neglect of the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi