Ajit Singh flays Maya for supporting Jat stir
Lucknow: Rashtriya Lok Dal chief Ajit
Singh on Saturday slammed the UP government for abetting the Jat
agitation for reservation in central services.
"Jat stir was sponsored, promoted and flared by
Mayawati government," RLD supremo Ajit Singh alleged while
talking to the newspersons where.
He said that while the demand of Jats were justified,
but the manner in which the agitation was launched and
continued was wrong.
"In democracy everyone has the right to keep his
viewpoint. Chakka jams are organised only for a day with the
objective of giving a message. But nobody has a right to
create problems for a large section of people and annoy them,"
He said that Jats were getting reservation in six
states and their demand for the same in central services was
RLD chief said that the day the Jat stir started, the
Samajwadi Party too launched an agitation.
"We all have seen that how brutally SP men were
lathicharged and assaulted, but as Jats had protection of the
government nothing happened against them," he alleged.
The RLD chief said that when the court intervened and
passed an order, the agitation ended within hours.
"That too without any lathicharge," he said adding
that Mayawati sponsored the agitation as it was afraid of the
RLD which is a strong alternative for the BSP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31