Akhilesh asks police to restore confidence in people
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday said law and order should be addressed in a manner so as to restore people`s confidence in the police.
Addressing IPS Officers on the conclusion of Police Week at his official residence, he stressed on improving the image of the police in the interests of the people.
Akhilesh said the respnsibility of police officials in prosperity and development of the state was important since they were directly in touch with the people.
Reffering to the demands raised by police officers, he announced setting up of a committee headed by Chief Secretary to look into them.
Governor B L Joshi was present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack