Akhilesh assures to hike pension of former MLAs
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday assured to hike the pension of former members of state Assembly besides considering the proposal of providing family pension to them as being given to those elected after 2010.
"In the next financial year arrangements will be made to increase pension of former members of the Assembly and council," Akhilesh said while addressing a convention of former MLAs and MLCs as a part of three-day celebrations to mark 125 years of the state legislature.
Referring to demand raised by the speakers and other leaders during the convention he said, "the government will consider facility of family pension to all former MLAs as being given to those elected after 2010 and a respectable decision will be taken."
He also assured to consider increasing number of travel coupons being given to the former members.
Meanwhile, Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on the occasion today expressed deep concern over the rising incidents of death due to cold and starvation and said his next target was to provide free of cost treatment to poor.
"One dies due to cold, when he is empty stomach..So is the case with heat wave," he said while referring to deaths due to cold.
Referring to the achievements of SP government, Mulayam said that after free education and treatment, the next target was to provide free of cost treatment to poor at Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences (SGPGI).
He said the promises which are made in the election manifesto have to be fulfilled at any cost.
Vidhan Sabha Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey and once a member of UP assembly and now leader of opposition in Uttarakhand Ajay Bhatt also addressed the convention.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi