Akhilesh assures to hike pension of former MLAs
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday assured to hike the pension of former members of state Assembly besides considering the proposal of providing family pension to them as being given to those elected after 2010.
"In the next financial year arrangements will be made to increase pension of former members of the Assembly and council," Akhilesh said while addressing a convention of former MLAs and MLCs as a part of three-day celebrations to mark 125 years of the state legislature.
Referring to demand raised by the speakers and other leaders during the convention he said, "the government will consider facility of family pension to all former MLAs as being given to those elected after 2010 and a respectable decision will be taken."
He also assured to consider increasing number of travel coupons being given to the former members.
Meanwhile, Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on the occasion today expressed deep concern over the rising incidents of death due to cold and starvation and said his next target was to provide free of cost treatment to poor.
"One dies due to cold, when he is empty stomach..So is the case with heat wave," he said while referring to deaths due to cold.
Referring to the achievements of SP government, Mulayam said that after free education and treatment, the next target was to provide free of cost treatment to poor at Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences (SGPGI).
He said the promises which are made in the election manifesto have to be fulfilled at any cost.
Vidhan Sabha Speaker Mata Prasad Pandey and once a member of UP assembly and now leader of opposition in Uttarakhand Ajay Bhatt also addressed the convention.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3