Akhilesh blames BSP regime for unemployment in UP
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Friday lashed out at the previous BSP regime for failing to create employment opportunities as well as rampant corruption following which some of its ministers were later arrested.
Intervening on the debate on Governor`s address in the Assembly, Akhilesh said that had the previous government worked on creating more jobs in its rule, there would not have been the need for the present government to give unemployment allowance to about 11.5 lakh jobless youths.
Somewhat accepting the opposition charges that the funds of last year`s budget have not been spent because of paucity of time (as last year`s budget was presented in June), Yadav promised that all the promises made by the ruling party in its election manifesto would be fulfilled.
In the same context, the chief minister lashed out at the previous government for wasting crores on parks and memorial as well as massive corruption following which some of its ministers had to be arrested.
Stressing that more job opportunities would have to be created in agriculture and industrial sector in order to end unemployment, he said that until all the youths get jobs, the state government would provide unemployment allowance.
On the Kumbh preparations, the chief minister praised the efforts of Public Works Department (PWD) minister Shivpal Singh Yadav and chairman of mela organising committee, Azam Khan saying that it attracted people from all over the world.
Referring to the tragedy which struck on the Mauni Amavasya day at the Allahabad railway station, he said that it was unfortunate and it was not right to level political charges till the completion of inquiry into it.
He claimed that because of hike in sugarcane support prices, farmers have had an additional income of Rs 3,000 crores.
The motion of thanks on the Governor`s address was later passed by a voice vote after a reply by senior SP leader Shivkant Ojha who had initiated the debate in the absence of main opposition party (BSP) which had already staged a walk out for the day on a different issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi