Akhilesh blames BSP regime for unemployment in UP
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Friday lashed out at the previous BSP regime for failing to create employment opportunities as well as rampant corruption following which some of its ministers were later arrested.
Intervening on the debate on Governor`s address in the Assembly, Akhilesh said that had the previous government worked on creating more jobs in its rule, there would not have been the need for the present government to give unemployment allowance to about 11.5 lakh jobless youths.
Somewhat accepting the opposition charges that the funds of last year`s budget have not been spent because of paucity of time (as last year`s budget was presented in June), Yadav promised that all the promises made by the ruling party in its election manifesto would be fulfilled.
In the same context, the chief minister lashed out at the previous government for wasting crores on parks and memorial as well as massive corruption following which some of its ministers had to be arrested.
Stressing that more job opportunities would have to be created in agriculture and industrial sector in order to end unemployment, he said that until all the youths get jobs, the state government would provide unemployment allowance.
On the Kumbh preparations, the chief minister praised the efforts of Public Works Department (PWD) minister Shivpal Singh Yadav and chairman of mela organising committee, Azam Khan saying that it attracted people from all over the world.
Referring to the tragedy which struck on the Mauni Amavasya day at the Allahabad railway station, he said that it was unfortunate and it was not right to level political charges till the completion of inquiry into it.
He claimed that because of hike in sugarcane support prices, farmers have had an additional income of Rs 3,000 crores.
The motion of thanks on the Governor`s address was later passed by a voice vote after a reply by senior SP leader Shivkant Ojha who had initiated the debate in the absence of main opposition party (BSP) which had already staged a walk out for the day on a different issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack