Akhilesh blames `corrupt` BSP regime for resource crunch
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday blamed "corruption" during the previous BSP regime for the crisis of resources, which was affecting the process of development in the state.
"The state is facing resource crunch due to corruption of previous BSP regime, but the SP government is committed to ensure development of UP and (will) do whatever is needed for the purpose", Yadav said here.
Asserting that his government was committed towards curbing the corruption menace, Akhilesh said those involved in graft will not be spared.
On this occasion, the chief minister announced launching of pension and medical schemes for the lawyers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days