Akhilesh blames `corrupt` BSP regime for resource crunch
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday blamed "corruption" during the previous BSP regime for the crisis of resources, which was affecting the process of development in the state.
"The state is facing resource crunch due to corruption of previous BSP regime, but the SP government is committed to ensure development of UP and (will) do whatever is needed for the purpose", Yadav said here.
Asserting that his government was committed towards curbing the corruption menace, Akhilesh said those involved in graft will not be spared.
On this occasion, the chief minister announced launching of pension and medical schemes for the lawyers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Live TV shootout of American journalists shocks the world
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea