Akhilesh calls for honesty from bureaucrats
Lucknow: A day after Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav expressed his dissatisfaction over functioning of the bureaucracy, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Fiday said that the state`s IAS cadre has lost its "respect" in recent times.
"The IAS cadre of Uttar Pradesh has been very important, officials from the state had attained heights... They had set examples through their works and programmes. But lately they have somehow, lost this reputation and they will have to contemplate on why it is so," Yadav told reporters here.
The chief minister also took part in the IAS service week, which was being held in the state after a gap of six years.
"UP would prosper only when those entrusted with implementing schemes and programmes of the government work properly with honesty and dedication," the chief minister said.
Yadav said that the party manifesto was given a nod by the people through their votes and now it is the responsibility of the officials to implement the promises.
He added that stern action would be taken against officials found adopting lax attitude in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- Huge blow for Arvind Kejriwal ahead of MCD elections, AAP MLA Ved Prakash joins BJP