Akhilesh calls for honesty from bureaucrats
Lucknow: A day after Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav expressed his dissatisfaction over functioning of the bureaucracy, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Fiday said that the state`s IAS cadre has lost its "respect" in recent times.
"The IAS cadre of Uttar Pradesh has been very important, officials from the state had attained heights... They had set examples through their works and programmes. But lately they have somehow, lost this reputation and they will have to contemplate on why it is so," Yadav told reporters here.
The chief minister also took part in the IAS service week, which was being held in the state after a gap of six years.
"UP would prosper only when those entrusted with implementing schemes and programmes of the government work properly with honesty and dedication," the chief minister said.
Yadav said that the party manifesto was given a nod by the people through their votes and now it is the responsibility of the officials to implement the promises.
He added that stern action would be taken against officials found adopting lax attitude in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'