Akhilesh calls for honesty from bureaucrats
Lucknow: A day after Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav expressed his dissatisfaction over functioning of the bureaucracy, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Fiday said that the state`s IAS cadre has lost its "respect" in recent times.
"The IAS cadre of Uttar Pradesh has been very important, officials from the state had attained heights... They had set examples through their works and programmes. But lately they have somehow, lost this reputation and they will have to contemplate on why it is so," Yadav told reporters here.
The chief minister also took part in the IAS service week, which was being held in the state after a gap of six years.
"UP would prosper only when those entrusted with implementing schemes and programmes of the government work properly with honesty and dedication," the chief minister said.
Yadav said that the party manifesto was given a nod by the people through their votes and now it is the responsibility of the officials to implement the promises.
He added that stern action would be taken against officials found adopting lax attitude in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery