Akhilesh condoles Capt Lakshmi Sehgal`s
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has expressed grief over the death of Captain Lakshmi Sehgal, who was part of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose`s Indian National Army.
In his condolence message Akhilesh said that her contribution as the commander of `Rani of Jhansi Regiment` of INA would always be remembered.
He said that as Rajya Sabha member she raised voice for the poor, deprived, labour and women.
The CM said that as a doctor she was active throughout her life serving the people.
Praying for the peace of the departed soul, Akhilesh said that people of the state, specially of Kanpur, were saddened by her demise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!