Akhilesh condoles Capt Lakshmi Sehgal`s
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has expressed grief over the death of Captain Lakshmi Sehgal, who was part of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose`s Indian National Army.
In his condolence message Akhilesh said that her contribution as the commander of `Rani of Jhansi Regiment` of INA would always be remembered.
He said that as Rajya Sabha member she raised voice for the poor, deprived, labour and women.
The CM said that as a doctor she was active throughout her life serving the people.
Praying for the peace of the departed soul, Akhilesh said that people of the state, specially of Kanpur, were saddened by her demise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Funny video alert! Nana Patekar’s ‘Beat Pe Booty’ mashup is hilarious
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS