Akhilesh condoles Capt Lakshmi Sehgal`s
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has expressed grief over the death of Captain Lakshmi Sehgal, who was part of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose`s Indian National Army.
In his condolence message Akhilesh said that her contribution as the commander of `Rani of Jhansi Regiment` of INA would always be remembered.
He said that as Rajya Sabha member she raised voice for the poor, deprived, labour and women.
The CM said that as a doctor she was active throughout her life serving the people.
Praying for the peace of the departed soul, Akhilesh said that people of the state, specially of Kanpur, were saddened by her demise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'