Akhilesh condoles Capt Lakshmi Sehgal`s
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has expressed grief over the death of Captain Lakshmi Sehgal, who was part of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose`s Indian National Army.
In his condolence message Akhilesh said that her contribution as the commander of `Rani of Jhansi Regiment` of INA would always be remembered.
He said that as Rajya Sabha member she raised voice for the poor, deprived, labour and women.
The CM said that as a doctor she was active throughout her life serving the people.
Praying for the peace of the departed soul, Akhilesh said that people of the state, specially of Kanpur, were saddened by her demise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa