Akhilesh confident of opening account in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Though the Samajwadi Party failed to enter the Jharkhand Assembly despite the state witnessing nine governments in 13 years, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Thursday today expressed confidence that it would do it in the next elections.
"We have been trying for long, and even got votes. But we did not open account (in the assembly)," Yadav said on the party`s initiative to have its presence in Jharkhand.
"But now I can see the enthusiasm here, and am confident of Samajwadi Party doing well in Jharkhand," Yadav said while announcing names of a few candidates for the next assembly and Lok Sabha elections from the state.
He said the SP would contest the Koderma Assembly seat, an RJD bastion represented by Water Resources Minister Annapurna Devi in the assembly.
Yadav termed unfortunate Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren`s request for a special status to the state being turned down by the Centre.
"It is unfortunate that the Centre rejected Jharkhand`s request, even though it (Congress) is in the government in the state," Yadav added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price