Akhilesh defends re-induction of tainted minister in UP Cabinet
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Thursday defended the re-induction of tainted minister Vinod Singh alias Pandit Singh into his Cabinet, saying that nothing has been found wrong against the minister.
Akhilesh Yadav has inducted 12 new ministers into his Cabinet, including Vinod Singh who was dropped out after the allegation of threatening and kidnapping Chief Medical Officer (CMO) in Gonda in October last year for not accommodating his candidate on the list of doctors recruited by the district health department under the National Rural Health Mission (NRHM).
“First of all, I congratulate all the newly inducted ministers. As far the induction of Vinod Singh is concerned, we had set up an inquiry into the matter and now the report has come. The government will take proper action against the people found guilty,” said Akhilesh Yadav, while interacting to reporters outside the state assembly.
Uttar Pradesh PWD Minister Shivpal Singh Yadav also came in defence of Vinod Singh and said that the Chief Minister has taken a right decision, as there is no evidence found against the alleged minister.
Other than Vinod Singh, Samajwadi Party spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury, Tej Narain Pandey, Gayatri Prasad Prajapati, Manoj Kumar Pandey, Nitin Agarwal, Yogesh Pratap Singh, Ram Sakal Gurjar, Alok Kumar Shakya, Vijay Bahadur Pal and Ram Murti Verma have been inducted into the Akhilesh Yadav Cabinet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan