Akhilesh defends re-induction of tainted minister in UP Cabinet
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Thursday defended the re-induction of tainted minister Vinod Singh alias Pandit Singh into his Cabinet, saying that nothing has been found wrong against the minister.
Akhilesh Yadav has inducted 12 new ministers into his Cabinet, including Vinod Singh who was dropped out after the allegation of threatening and kidnapping Chief Medical Officer (CMO) in Gonda in October last year for not accommodating his candidate on the list of doctors recruited by the district health department under the National Rural Health Mission (NRHM).
“First of all, I congratulate all the newly inducted ministers. As far the induction of Vinod Singh is concerned, we had set up an inquiry into the matter and now the report has come. The government will take proper action against the people found guilty,” said Akhilesh Yadav, while interacting to reporters outside the state assembly.
Uttar Pradesh PWD Minister Shivpal Singh Yadav also came in defence of Vinod Singh and said that the Chief Minister has taken a right decision, as there is no evidence found against the alleged minister.
Other than Vinod Singh, Samajwadi Party spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury, Tej Narain Pandey, Gayatri Prasad Prajapati, Manoj Kumar Pandey, Nitin Agarwal, Yogesh Pratap Singh, Ram Sakal Gurjar, Alok Kumar Shakya, Vijay Bahadur Pal and Ram Murti Verma have been inducted into the Akhilesh Yadav Cabinet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends