Akhilesh defends re-induction of tainted minister in UP Cabinet
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Thursday defended the re-induction of tainted minister Vinod Singh alias Pandit Singh into his Cabinet, saying that nothing has been found wrong against the minister.
Akhilesh Yadav has inducted 12 new ministers into his Cabinet, including Vinod Singh who was dropped out after the allegation of threatening and kidnapping Chief Medical Officer (CMO) in Gonda in October last year for not accommodating his candidate on the list of doctors recruited by the district health department under the National Rural Health Mission (NRHM).
“First of all, I congratulate all the newly inducted ministers. As far the induction of Vinod Singh is concerned, we had set up an inquiry into the matter and now the report has come. The government will take proper action against the people found guilty,” said Akhilesh Yadav, while interacting to reporters outside the state assembly.
Uttar Pradesh PWD Minister Shivpal Singh Yadav also came in defence of Vinod Singh and said that the Chief Minister has taken a right decision, as there is no evidence found against the alleged minister.
Other than Vinod Singh, Samajwadi Party spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury, Tej Narain Pandey, Gayatri Prasad Prajapati, Manoj Kumar Pandey, Nitin Agarwal, Yogesh Pratap Singh, Ram Sakal Gurjar, Alok Kumar Shakya, Vijay Bahadur Pal and Ram Murti Verma have been inducted into the Akhilesh Yadav Cabinet.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- US President Barack Obama hosts jazz concert at `Blues House`
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor
- PeeCee's day out! Priyanka Chopra spends candid time with besties – Pictures inside
- WATCH: Gujarat Lions' mystery spinner Shivil Kaushik reminded us of Paul Adams - Here's why!
- CISCE ICSE Class 10, ISC Class 12 Examinations Results 2016 to be announced on May 6 at 3 pm