Akhilesh files nomination papers for Legislative Council
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister
Akhilesh Yadav on Thursday filed his nomination papers for the
Akhilesh, sworn in as the youngest chief minister of the
state on March 15, at present is not a member of the any House
of the Vidhan Sabha, including Council or Assembly, official
sources said here.
An MP from Kannauj, Akhilesh filed his nomination along
with SP spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary, for the biennial
election of the council to be held at the end of this month.
Besides, three candidates of BSP-- Thakur Jaiveer Singh,
Vijay Pratap and Sunil Kumar-- also filed their nominations,
Elections are being held for 13 seats of which SP can win
eight, BSP three and one each by BJP and Congress-RLD
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”
- Former Portugal prime minister Guterres front runner to be next UN chief