Akhilesh files nomination papers for Legislative Council
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister
Akhilesh Yadav on Thursday filed his nomination papers for the
Akhilesh, sworn in as the youngest chief minister of the
state on March 15, at present is not a member of the any House
of the Vidhan Sabha, including Council or Assembly, official
sources said here.
An MP from Kannauj, Akhilesh filed his nomination along
with SP spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary, for the biennial
election of the council to be held at the end of this month.
Besides, three candidates of BSP-- Thakur Jaiveer Singh,
Vijay Pratap and Sunil Kumar-- also filed their nominations,
Elections are being held for 13 seats of which SP can win
eight, BSP three and one each by BJP and Congress-RLD
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani