Akhilesh files nomination papers for Legislative Council
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister
Akhilesh Yadav on Thursday filed his nomination papers for the
Akhilesh, sworn in as the youngest chief minister of the
state on March 15, at present is not a member of the any House
of the Vidhan Sabha, including Council or Assembly, official
sources said here.
An MP from Kannauj, Akhilesh filed his nomination along
with SP spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary, for the biennial
election of the council to be held at the end of this month.
Besides, three candidates of BSP-- Thakur Jaiveer Singh,
Vijay Pratap and Sunil Kumar-- also filed their nominations,
Elections are being held for 13 seats of which SP can win
eight, BSP three and one each by BJP and Congress-RLD
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed