Akhilesh files nomination papers for Legislative Council
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister
Akhilesh Yadav on Thursday filed his nomination papers for the
Akhilesh, sworn in as the youngest chief minister of the
state on March 15, at present is not a member of the any House
of the Vidhan Sabha, including Council or Assembly, official
sources said here.
An MP from Kannauj, Akhilesh filed his nomination along
with SP spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary, for the biennial
election of the council to be held at the end of this month.
Besides, three candidates of BSP-- Thakur Jaiveer Singh,
Vijay Pratap and Sunil Kumar-- also filed their nominations,
Elections are being held for 13 seats of which SP can win
eight, BSP three and one each by BJP and Congress-RLD
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!