Akhilesh for proper discharging of duties by revenue officials
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday asserted that if the revenue officials can render their duties properly, it can help in dealing with law and order problems, particularly in villages.
"I think if lekhpals (revenue officials) get right, the law and order will stand better at some point," he said while inaugurating a village newspaper at Kanaura village here.
Referring to land disputes, Akhilesh said improper discharging of duties by lekhpals leads to a number of law and order problems.
"If a lekhpal is transferred, then so many officers and leaders come forward that you can`t imagine. I remember that in the last regime, I was not able to get a lekhpal transferred in three years," Akhilesh said.
The chief minister said if facilities available in the cities are provided in rural areas, then no person will be forced to migrate to city.
"It is our misfortune that even after so many years of independence, we have not been able to provide those facilities in villages," he said.
Akhilesh said although path to prosperity passes through villages, maximum amount of budget is spent on cities.
"Nearly 72 per cent people of the country live in villages. If reservation has to be sought, it should be sought on the basis of population of rural people in the development," he said.
Akhilesh claimed it was under the leadership of his father Mulayam Singh Yadav that the focus of development shifted from cities to villages.
He congratulated the team of the weekly rural newspaper and expressed hope that it will emerge successful in giving a voice to the people in villages.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections