Akhilesh gets feel of power crisis in surprise inspection
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Wednesday got a first hand taste of the grim power scenario in the state during a surprise inspection at Shravasti on the sprawling state`s border with Nepal.
On an inspection to Bharthapur, the villagers told Akhilesh Yadav that the village got barely one hour of electricity in the whole day. Holding an informal `chaupal` in the village, the 41-year-old chief minster sweated and was fanned by villagers as he listened to their problems.
Pushed to the wall on the poor power scenario in the state and failing law and order, he was flooded with complaints after which he ordered suspension of six district officials including the chief medical officer and the executive engineer (power). He also ordered transfer of the district magistrate and issued a warning to the district police chief.
The chief minister checked for himself development in the village on various indices and found officials wanting on almost all of them. Those suspended with immediate effect included chief medical officer RP Gupta, executive engineer (power) Vinay Kumar, district supply officer Sanjeev Kumar, deputy agriculture director Shivdutt Tiwari, executive engineer (RES) Vijay Kumar Dubey and district mining official Ram Kumar Tantua.
After the rout of the Samajwadi Party (SP) in the Lok Sabha election recently, the chief minister`s office had chalked out a surprise inspection plan and Akhilesh Yadav, as per the scheduled programme, had to go to Hamirpur but instead reached Shravasti.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day