Akhilesh holds meet of top officials; asks them to introspect
Lucknow: Facing flak over the law and order situation in the state, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday held a meeting of top officials here and said the kind of work expected from the administration and police in the district was "not being done".
Akhilesh called a meeting of all divisional commissioners, district magistrates, IGs, DIGs and district police chiefs, besides top government officials and the meeting is likely to continue till evening.
Talking to reporters on the sidelines of the meet, Chief Secretary Alok Ranjan said, the Chief Minister talked mainly about the law and order, and he (Akhilesh) said that "The type of work expected from the administration and police in district was not being done".
He said that during the meeting, the officers expressed their views before the Chief Minister, and he (Akhilesh) said that no compromise would be done on the issue of law and order at any cost.
The Chief Minister said, a criminal is a criminal and stern action has to be taken against such people. Assessment of officers will be done on those parameters, the Chief Secretary said.
Principal Secretary (Home) Deepak Singhal said,"During the meeting the chief minister said that if he (Akhilesh) uses good and decent language then it should not be considered as his weakness."
"Akhilesh advised the officers to introspect and directed that district magistrate and district police chiefs should go to the spot and give correct information about the situation to the media", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Indian Premier League 2016: Kolkata Knight Riders beat Sunrisers Hyderabad by 22 runs, march into playoffs
- Three men held for attacking BJP MP Tarun Vijay
- Internet services suspended in Kupwara in wake of encounter
- Submarine deployed to find crashed jet's black boxes: Egypt PM
- Transform your look with different capes this season!