Akhilesh moves into CM residence with Kranti Rath
Lucknow: Ten days after taking oath, Uttar
Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav today moved into his
official residence at 5 Kalidas Marg here, and the road
leading to it was thrown open to public almost after five
Movement on the Kalidas Marg was restricted during the
previous Mayawati regime.
"The CM`s residence and road leading to it remained
closed for the past five years in BSP supremo Mayawati`s
regime. It`s freedom for the road as well as the residence.
Now it will remain open for common man," party spokesman
Rajendra Chowdhury said.
Besides Akhilesh, his family members and later his father
and SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav also reached there.
Samajwadi Party Kranti Rath, in which Akhilesh toured the
state from September 12 last year before Assembly polls and
succeeded in scripting victory for the party by getting 224
seats, was also parked inside the residence.
A number of office bearers of SP youth wing, who
participated in the Kranti Rath yatra with Akhilesh also posed
with the young CM at his residence.
Akhilesh`s uncle and cabinet minister Shivpal Singh Yadav
also reached there with his family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender