Akhilesh moves into CM residence with Kranti Rath
Lucknow: Ten days after taking oath, Uttar
Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav today moved into his
official residence at 5 Kalidas Marg here, and the road
leading to it was thrown open to public almost after five
Movement on the Kalidas Marg was restricted during the
previous Mayawati regime.
"The CM`s residence and road leading to it remained
closed for the past five years in BSP supremo Mayawati`s
regime. It`s freedom for the road as well as the residence.
Now it will remain open for common man," party spokesman
Rajendra Chowdhury said.
Besides Akhilesh, his family members and later his father
and SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav also reached there.
Samajwadi Party Kranti Rath, in which Akhilesh toured the
state from September 12 last year before Assembly polls and
succeeded in scripting victory for the party by getting 224
seats, was also parked inside the residence.
A number of office bearers of SP youth wing, who
participated in the Kranti Rath yatra with Akhilesh also posed
with the young CM at his residence.
Akhilesh`s uncle and cabinet minister Shivpal Singh Yadav
also reached there with his family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal