Akhilesh Pradesh launches IT City in Lucknow
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Monday launched the state`s ambitious IT City project in Lucknow.
The IT City, to be set up at Chak Gajaria farms at a cost of Rs 1,500 crore, would be developed with the help of technology giant HCL and would be established as an information and technology hub of Lucknow.
Expressing gratitude to HCL Chairman Shiv Nadar, Akhilesh hoped that the project, would provide employment to youths of the state and will be completed soon.
Nadar promised to give jobs to the local people and said would be made to develop it as a model for the nation.
The IT City is planned to be completed in 10 years, and its first phase would be ready by three years, Chief Secretary Javed Usmani said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble