Akhilesh Pradesh launches IT City in Lucknow
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Monday launched the state`s ambitious IT City project in Lucknow.
The IT City, to be set up at Chak Gajaria farms at a cost of Rs 1,500 crore, would be developed with the help of technology giant HCL and would be established as an information and technology hub of Lucknow.
Expressing gratitude to HCL Chairman Shiv Nadar, Akhilesh hoped that the project, would provide employment to youths of the state and will be completed soon.
Nadar promised to give jobs to the local people and said would be made to develop it as a model for the nation.
The IT City is planned to be completed in 10 years, and its first phase would be ready by three years, Chief Secretary Javed Usmani said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes