Akhilesh Pradesh launches IT City in Lucknow
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Monday launched the state`s ambitious IT City project in Lucknow.
The IT City, to be set up at Chak Gajaria farms at a cost of Rs 1,500 crore, would be developed with the help of technology giant HCL and would be established as an information and technology hub of Lucknow.
Expressing gratitude to HCL Chairman Shiv Nadar, Akhilesh hoped that the project, would provide employment to youths of the state and will be completed soon.
Nadar promised to give jobs to the local people and said would be made to develop it as a model for the nation.
The IT City is planned to be completed in 10 years, and its first phase would be ready by three years, Chief Secretary Javed Usmani said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Bank of Baroda's total business takes Rs 90,000-crore hit in 2015-16
- Rupee rebounds 6 paise to 67.05 vs USD
- Sri Lanka vs Australia: Thisara Perera penalised, Mitchell Starc reprimanded for ICC code of conduct breaches
- UEFA Champions League 2016-17 draw; Player of the Year award ceremony — As it happened...
- Kannada actress Ramya attacked with eggs in Mangaluru over 'pro-Pak remarks'