Akhilesh presents UP`s first supp budget for Rs 5,861 cr
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Monday presented a Rs 5,861 crore supplementary budget with maximum provisions being made for fulfilling the the promises made in Samajwadi Party`s election manifesto.
The supplementary budget--the first for fiscal 2012-13-- envisages among other allocations a provision of Rs 26 crore for improving sports facilities in Saifai, the native village of Chief Minister Mulayam Singh Yadav in Etawah and Rs 50 lakh for `Saifai Mahotsav`, a star-studded annual gala event.
Yadav, who holds the Finance portfolio, presented the Rs 5,861.60 crore supplementary budget in the state Assembly.
The budget provides for Rs 400 crore for waiver of farmers` loans, Rs 450 crore for distribution of `Kanya Vidyadhan Yojna (education scheme for the girl child)` and Rs 200 crore for free water from canals and government tubewells.
It has also sought Rs 126 crore for MLAs` local area development fund and Rs 135 crore for roads and electricity in connection with `Kumbh Mela` preparations.
Yadav presented his maiden budget on June two to provide for his election promises like giving laptops to students and an unemployment dole along with a raft of sops for the minorities and the poor. He was sworn in as chief minister on March 15 after Samajwadi party swamped the ruling BSP in the Assembly polls.
The Rs 2 lakh crore-plus budget was 18 per cent larger than Mayawati government`s last one and increased allocation for social welfare schemes, education, health and infrastructure by between 14 and 34 per cent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video