Akhilesh promises total transparency in NRHM imple
Lucknow: Expressing grave concern at "massive irregularity" in the implementation of NRHM in Uttar Pradesh during previous regime, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Wednesday assured the Centre of total transparency and regular monitoring of the rural health programme in the state.
The Chief Minister, who met Union Health and Family Welfare Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad at his official residence here this evening said all work under the NRHM would be carried out strictly in accordance with the norms and the guilty would be brought to book, an official release said.
Stressing that health was among the priorities of the state government the Chief Minister gave an account of the schemes being implemented in the sector.
Azad assured the Chief Minister of full support from the Centre in his endeavours including upgradation of medical colleges in various cities and work related to setting up an All India Institute of Medical Sciences in Raebareli and required funds for checking Japanese Encephalitis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician