Akhilesh promises total transparency in NRHM imple
Lucknow: Expressing grave concern at "massive irregularity" in the implementation of NRHM in Uttar Pradesh during previous regime, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Wednesday assured the Centre of total transparency and regular monitoring of the rural health programme in the state.
The Chief Minister, who met Union Health and Family Welfare Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad at his official residence here this evening said all work under the NRHM would be carried out strictly in accordance with the norms and the guilty would be brought to book, an official release said.
Stressing that health was among the priorities of the state government the Chief Minister gave an account of the schemes being implemented in the sector.
Azad assured the Chief Minister of full support from the Centre in his endeavours including upgradation of medical colleges in various cities and work related to setting up an All India Institute of Medical Sciences in Raebareli and required funds for checking Japanese Encephalitis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days