Akhilesh promises total transparency in NRHM imple
Lucknow: Expressing grave concern at "massive irregularity" in the implementation of NRHM in Uttar Pradesh during previous regime, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Wednesday assured the Centre of total transparency and regular monitoring of the rural health programme in the state.
The Chief Minister, who met Union Health and Family Welfare Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad at his official residence here this evening said all work under the NRHM would be carried out strictly in accordance with the norms and the guilty would be brought to book, an official release said.
Stressing that health was among the priorities of the state government the Chief Minister gave an account of the schemes being implemented in the sector.
Azad assured the Chief Minister of full support from the Centre in his endeavours including upgradation of medical colleges in various cities and work related to setting up an All India Institute of Medical Sciences in Raebareli and required funds for checking Japanese Encephalitis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video