Akhilesh reviews situation in flood-affected districts in UP
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Wednesday took stock of the situation in the state arising out of incessant rains in neighbouring Uttarakhand.
The CM specially reviewed the prevailing situation in flood-affected Lakhimpur Kheri, Pilibhit, Bijnore, Saharanpur, Muzaffarnagar and Shamli and directed the officials to remain vigilant, a spokesperson said.
"Since the water level was rising following rains in Uttarakhand, special vigil need to be kept on the water level of rivers and security of dams", Yadav said.
He assured the officials of all possible help in relief and rescue works. He also asked senior officials to be prepared for meeting any eventuality and warned against negligence of any sort.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog