Akhilesh reviews situation in flood-affected districts in UP
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Wednesday took stock of the situation in the state arising out of incessant rains in neighbouring Uttarakhand.
The CM specially reviewed the prevailing situation in flood-affected Lakhimpur Kheri, Pilibhit, Bijnore, Saharanpur, Muzaffarnagar and Shamli and directed the officials to remain vigilant, a spokesperson said.
"Since the water level was rising following rains in Uttarakhand, special vigil need to be kept on the water level of rivers and security of dams", Yadav said.
He assured the officials of all possible help in relief and rescue works. He also asked senior officials to be prepared for meeting any eventuality and warned against negligence of any sort.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!