Akhilesh reviews situation in flood-affected districts in UP
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Wednesday took stock of the situation in the state arising out of incessant rains in neighbouring Uttarakhand.
The CM specially reviewed the prevailing situation in flood-affected Lakhimpur Kheri, Pilibhit, Bijnore, Saharanpur, Muzaffarnagar and Shamli and directed the officials to remain vigilant, a spokesperson said.
"Since the water level was rising following rains in Uttarakhand, special vigil need to be kept on the water level of rivers and security of dams", Yadav said.
He assured the officials of all possible help in relief and rescue works. He also asked senior officials to be prepared for meeting any eventuality and warned against negligence of any sort.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli-Dhoni stand keeps India in hunt
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes