Akhilesh reviews situation in flood-affected districts in UP
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Wednesday took stock of the situation in the state arising out of incessant rains in neighbouring Uttarakhand.
The CM specially reviewed the prevailing situation in flood-affected Lakhimpur Kheri, Pilibhit, Bijnore, Saharanpur, Muzaffarnagar and Shamli and directed the officials to remain vigilant, a spokesperson said.
"Since the water level was rising following rains in Uttarakhand, special vigil need to be kept on the water level of rivers and security of dams", Yadav said.
He assured the officials of all possible help in relief and rescue works. He also asked senior officials to be prepared for meeting any eventuality and warned against negligence of any sort.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss
- Rajnath Singh in Kashmir, says those who believe in 'Kashmiriyat' are welcome for talks